Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks

We decided to watch the Macy's July 4th Fireworks from the deck of the Intrepid this year. Sadly there were no tripods allowed, so I was forced to shoot handheld. As anyone who has ever shot fireworks before, you know that you need a long exposure to get the streams, so hand holding a camera for a few seconds at a time can be quite challenging. That said, I did have the advantage of arriving early and scoring a spot along the edge so I could see the reflections in the water and we were just at the right spot to get the remnants of the sunset to add even more variety to the images. Speaking of the sunset, it was one of the best I've seen in ages. I think Mother Nature was giving us a fireworks show in advance of Macy's.

So enjoy the photos and let me know what you think.
















No comments: